- Excellent presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills required. Customer service orientation required.
- Extensive knowledge of medical device industry and company products.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to the management team and board of directors
- Good clinical acumen and ability conduct tabletop demonstrations and articulate technical attributes
- Experienced negotiator and ability to prepare, edit and execute necessary contracts and documents
- Partner with business development, R&D, finance, downstream marketing and other cross-functional teams to execute the projects to the timelines, cost assumptions, and revenue expectations outlined in the business plan
- Monitor business development opportunities for future strategic investment
- Evaluate and prioritize opportunities for indication expansion of existing products and prioritize based on NPV
- Understand strategic and financial implications of project(s) / product(s) on the overall budget.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of customer needs and industry dynamics to assigned product(s) / project(s).
- Participate on cross-functional teams in support of organizational goals.
- Accountability: Position is responsible to manage single project or participates on portions of multiple projects; understands concepts and applies these concepts practically with reasonable effectiveness; may function independently according to the task but is still given significant direction.
- Performs global product, strategic initiative and/or business model innovation management activities
- Is viewed as the product expert to ensure knowledge is effectively transferred from R&D to commercial organizations.
- Works in coordination with global supply chain and commercial groups to lead business planning and forecasting of assigned product lines.
- Develops close KOLs relationships globally to drive global launch and evidence generation strategies for assigned product lines.
- Collaborates in the annual product pipeline portfolio review.
- Primary responsibility is to be the marketing representative and voice of the customer with early product development with core R&D; and to understand relative priorities for the development of new products and product enhancements by defining customer needs and working with internal customers.
- Conduct market research and collect voice of customer data to guide the strategic direction of the business
- Prepare and develop strong clinical claims matrix that will drive demand generation and adoption for product managed
- Partner in the development of the strategic plan
- Identify and create opportunity assessments including in-depth analysis, financial modeling, and strategic prioritization for new pipeline projects in alignment with strategic plan
- Prepare business plan presentations with recommendations to management
- Minimum BS degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of medical device marketing experience or product development required. (Masters may substitute for one year of experience, PhD or MD may substitute for two years of experience).
- Peripheral vascular or cardiovascular device experience desirable.
- Prior clinical experience in OR or cath lab desirable.
- Individually led multiple successful new product launches
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Actively seeks to understand perspectives and interpersonal needs and expectations of others at all levels, builds self-awareness, flexes personal style appropriately, and works through conflicts constructively and appropriately
- Communication: Effectively uses all mediums of communication as appropriate, presents well to groups, actively listens, and continuously identifies opportunities to build communication skills
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Actively works together with formal and informal team members to build relationships and achieve team goals
- Prioritization: Effectively prioritizes work to ensure timely completion of work within scope
- Global & Systems Thinking: Continuously seeks to learn about and embrace global nuances, works across functions and geographies, seeks to align with diverse groups, and seeks to understand interdependencies and impacts of actions across functions and the company
- Technical Expertise: Continuously builds functional and technical expertise, and pro-actively applies that technical expertise in progressively broader scope
- Continuous Improvement: Learns and uses best practices tools and methodologies to assess, identify, and executes on opportunities to improve; Focus on learning and building new capabilities into self
- Problem Solving & Problem Prevention: Learns and uses strong problem solving methodologies and tools, focuses on root cause analysis, and shows orientation towards problem prevention
- Accountability: Focuses on results, takes initiative without direction, takes ownership for all work within scope, builds relationships and works across departments, functions, or areas of responsibility
Endologix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Endologix Global Headquarters at 949-595-7200 or Endologix Santa Rosa Facility at 707-543-8800